(Wednesday am in GB)
M is still being held at a deportation centre at Houston. This is confirmed by consular staff. There is no indication yet of when he will travel to GB, but I hope to hear soon (there is still washing up waiting).
I have been told a variety of stories regarding this second detention though a clear common theme is that he was offered the opportunity of release on the condition that he signed papers accepting that he was intoxicated. He maintained that he was not and so would not sign. At this juncture the immigration/deportation system came into play.
I have not spoken to M since Thursday and I don't think that consular staff have spoken to him yet. M's friends have been unable to speak to him by telephone as he has no money to buy a ‘phone card - and couldn't be sent any until we could quote his "alien number". This number was given to me yesterday afternoon.
Hopefully, he will be able to make contact soon. He will be pleased to hear that his little aircraft is safe. We are trying to track his belongings, but this is not easy without direct communication.
I expect that he is fine.
KK (M's wife)